Friday, January 16, 2009

Jeremy's 9th Birthday


I am very bad at getting things posted on a timely basis, so here are pics of Jeremy's birthday from January 5, 2009. Sadly, his birthday landed on the day they went back from Christmas vacation, but I think he was still able to enjoy it.

Jeremy got a V-Rocker chair which has speakers in it so you can attach it to a t.v., to watch movies, or you can attach it to video games to get a "surround sound" feel. Daddy gave him a $40 gift card from Gamestop. He also wanted a Star Wars Lego set, which he got belated because I always forget that after Christmas stores just run out of those types of toys. No kidding, I checked online and every store I could, everyone was out of stock. All in all, it was a great day!!

I do have to explain one thing... I probably will get the "most horrible mom" award because I forgot his cake!! And the only reason I am confessing this is because you see the cupcakes in the pictures. We had to have something to put candles in and sing Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

I LOVE that you forgot the cake! That is the funniest thing EVER!!! Just classic. Maybe because now I don't feel bad. I'm in good company, "the horrible mom" club. HAHAHAA!!! Looks like he had a GREAT birthday.

Hey the chair looks pretty comfy!

Wright said...

We have had a few birthdays around here where pudding cups have been substituted for the cake! Who says it has to be birthday CAKE? Why not just birthday SOMETHING YUMMY?!!

The Texas Links said...

Happy Birthday Jeremy!! I want one of those rockers too--fun!! I think we should really start a website or something, maybe our own blog, where we can collectively put our "horrible mom" stuff on the web for everyone to see. I think we've all forgotten the cake atleast once--forgotten or just not had time. It happens to the best of them.

Carlie said...

Your boys are so cute!! Everytime they see me at the school they look at me all shy like and then smile and give me a hug!

Bride wars was really cute!